Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 FPGA modification problem.

From: Tiago Rogério Mück
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 FPGA modification problem.
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:52:00 -0300

Hi,

Have anyone taken a look at this ?

We are still struggling to find a solution to this problem. Any tip would help a lot.

Thanks,
Tiago

Em 27 de maio de 2011 16:51, Tiago Rogério Mück <address@hidden> escreveu:
Hi,

We have been working with an (old) USRP1 and doing some modifications in the FPGA code. After our modifications (we added an extra layer of DDCs to perform channel separation in the FPGA), the things didn't work as expected.

In some Gnuradio applications the USRP stops sending samples after some time. For example, usrp_fft.py runs just fine all the time, but usrp_rx_cfile.py and usrp_wfm_rcv.py work for some secs and then the USRP stops sending samples.

I added some pics of our preliminary debugging. In the figures, the yellow, blue and red signals refer to the have_pkt_rdy, RD and OE signals, respectively. After some time, the Cypress stops setting RD and OE signals in response to the assertion of have_pkt_rdy (first figure). Latter, the USB FIFO in the FPGA overflows and then have_pkt_rdy goes down (figure 2). So it seems the problem is not with our modifications in the FPGA code but with something related to the Cypress.

Have someone ever had a similar problem ? Any clue in how to solve this would help a lot. We are using Gnuradio 3.2.2.

The funny thing is that usrp_fft.py works perfectly (we double checked all *.py to make sure our new bitstream is always being loadded and our new DDCs are being properly configured).

Thanks.

Regards,
Tiago.