Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problems with benchmark_ofdm and N210

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problems with benchmark_ofdm and N210
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:40:29 -0400

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Morgan Redfield <address@hidden> wrote:
I finally got this working. One of the machine's I was using was
running Windows with the gnuradio port from
http://www.joshknows.com/gnuradio_port. When I switched to Ubuntu the
majority of my problems went away. I've got no idea what was going on
with the Windows machine, but I never got any errors from it. The
transmitted signal was just never very clean.

I'm now able to use the benchmark_ofdm_tx and benchmark_ofdm_rx
scripts to send packets between my N210s. While I was playing with the
settings to get better throughput, I noticed that the SNR setting in
benchmark_ofdm_rx.py seems to break things. As long as I don't use the
--snr flag, everything works ok. If I use --snr with any value, I
receive no packets. I can't even use --snr=30 (the default) without
breaking things. Does anyone know why that would be?

Thanks for all your help,
Morgan

Glad you got it working!

As for the SNR setting, I'd have to look back at the code. I thought it was just for one of the sync methods that we aren't using, so I didn't think it mattered. Must be being used somewhere that I can't recall just now.

Tom