Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to trigger dynamic reconfiguration with lock/

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to trigger dynamic reconfiguration with lock/disconnect
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 08:16:36 -0400

> I've found it impossible to create a half-duplex transceiver with WBX
> and one antenna in grc. Would an open valve in the transmit chain stop
> the transmitter and enable the receiver, or would a closed valve in
> the receiver automatically stop the transmitter? I've experimented
> with several combinations, and all i found was as soon as the transmit
> chain is activated the receiver looses sensitivity. Is it possible
> with WBX and GRC alone?
>
> Gr. Sim

As far as I know, the ATR logic (Automatic Transmit Receiver) in the
FPGA *always* switches the
  RX-chain away from the TX/RX port when transmitting.   What I'm not
sure of is whether sending
  zeroes is enough to cause the ATR logic to go into "not transmitting",
or whether you actually
  have to interrupt the data flow.

Perhaps Josh can comment?

--