[Discuss-gnuradio] How do I properly disable/enable the WBX receiver wit

From: Thomas Arcuri
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How do I properly disable/enable the WBX receiver with UHD?
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 10:11:23 -0400

I am testing the tunnel.py program on a USRP1 w/ WBX dboard and UHD. My goal is to disable to receiver while I am transmitting, and then re-enable it once I'm done. I looked at db_wbx_common.cpp and found the enabler functions. Each of these programs a few GPIO bits. Using that as a guide I was able to disable the receiver, but after I re-enabled it I didn't get any more packets.

disable:
>  db_iface.set_gpio_out(UNIT_RX, RX_POWER_DOWN, RX_POWER_UP | RX_POWER_DOWN)

enable:
>  db_iface.set_gpio_out(UNIT_RX, RX_POWER_UP, RX_POWER_UP | RX_POWER_DOWN)

UNIT_RX, RX_POWER_DOWN, and RX_POWER_UP are set correctly as in the reference code. I verified that the bits were being set correctly by checking get_gpio_out() before and after I called set_gpio_out(). I'd prefer to do this in Python if possible.

Now, I know this may not be the correct method of doing this, so I ask my question:

Using a USRP1 w/ WBX dboard and UHD, what is the proper way to disable (and then re-enable) the receiver?

Thanks for looking!

-Tom