Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building gnuradio 3.3.0 on Fedora 15 (issue with

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building gnuradio 3.3.0 on Fedora 15 (issue with SDCC)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 11:15:02 +0100

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 05/25/2011 09:01 PM, Arturo Rinaldi wrote:
i have an issue regarding the SDCC executable in the building of gnuradio 3.3.0 on Fedora 15. I set up the PATH in my .bashrc file as :

export PATH=/usr/libexec/sdcc:$PATH

as written in the build guide but I still get the error in the configure process :

USRP requires sdcc. sdcc not found. See http://sdcc.sf.net
Unable to find firmware compiler SDCC.
Not building component usrp.

Where am i wrong ? If I launch from terminal

$ sdcc -v

it returns :

$ SDCC : mcs51/gbz80/z80/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/ds400/hc08 3.0.0 #6037 (Apr 13 2011) (Linux)

thx in advance. All the others pre-requisites are fully satisfied.

Regards, Arturo.

A few points:

If you're using UHD, you don't need component "USRP".

Since Fedora 14, they have shipped SDCC version 3.0 which has different command names, and also
  some difference syntax for built-in variable-type intrinsics, so the USRP1 firmware won't build under
  SDCC-3.0 anyway.

The configure script for Gnu Radio looks for SDCC using the SDCC version 2.X command names, and
  so for a system with SDCC 3.0, this will fail.

But, once again, if you're using UHD (which I *strongly* recommend), you don't need the component
  "usrp" and "gr-usrp" to be built anyway.

I haven't upgraded any of my systems to F15 yet, but when I do, expect the famous (almost!)
  "build-gnuradio" script to get updated to deal with F15.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium

And if you do really want to get the usrp and gr-usrp components to build, you should be able to easily install a 2.9 version  of SDCC.

Tom