Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronization issue with multiple USRPs

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronization issue with multiple USRPs
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:13:47 -0400

On 25/05/2011 12:01 PM, Marc Epard wrote:
On May 25, 2011, at 9:14 AM, Josh Blum wrote:

2) Calibrate the setup. After you tune, the daughterboard LOs will have
different constant phase offsets.
In my experience (with a WBX in a USRP2 and a DBSRX2 in an N210), the phase
offsets can change between bursts, not just when you retune. Is this not
supposed to be the case?

-Marc

I think Josh had separately observed that the CORDIC phase accumulator gets reset between bursts, so the DDC phase isn't
  continuous, and thus offsets would be different.

An interesting test would be to do continuous streaming, and see that the phase offsets remain constant across a single tuning with
  a continuous stream.