Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to trigger dynamic reconfiguration with lock/

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to trigger dynamic reconfiguration with lock/disconnect
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 22:14:54 +0200

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Johannes Schmitz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Guys,
> I am working on a cognitive radio application and I need to
> dynamically reconfigure my receiver, switching between a detector and
> the core receiver.
> I found lock, unlock, connect, disconnect functions but it seems to be
> almost impossible to find some documentation or a working examples to
> understand how to use it.
> I need to find a way to trigger the disconnect and connect. Do you
> have any suggestions like some kind of callback?
> Maybe you can point me to some example code. That would be nice.
> Another question is: Is it possible to reconnect only parts of the
> program in some hierarchical block or is it only possible from the top
> block?

Hi Johannes,

What documentation was possible to find? Was this part of it:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/TutorialsWritePythonApplications#Controlling-flow-graphs

Anyway, I have attached a slightly modified dial_tone.py which runs
for 5 seconds, then replaces one tone with noise then runs for 5 more
seconds. As for how to trigger it, that depends entirely on the
context, but the reconf method can be called by timeout, user
interaction, external signal, ....

As far as I know you can disconnect and reconnect at any level, and
even hier_block has lock and unlock methods, but I don't know if it
makes sense to lock a flow graph anywhere else than at the top block
level.

Alex