Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Removing X11 dependency for Mac OS X builds of GN

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Removing X11 dependency for Mac OS X builds of GNU Radio using Mac Ports
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 22:51:42 +0400

Hi Michael,

On May 18, 2011, at 10:24 PM, Michael Dickens wrote:

> Hi Elvis - A few months back, I tried using using MacPorts to install
> everything using +no_x11 and +quartz.  It didn't work, and I ran out of time
> to try debugging the issue.

I solved this one, using my manual build process, using quartz and GTK+.

So, once I generate exact dependency list, I can try to reproduce it with the
newer versions of the dependent libraries for gnuradio-3.4.0.

>  That said, good luck & please do keep the list informed when you have
> questions or successes!

The following configurations worked so far with the current gnuradio/master and
master-3.3 branches:

01. IBM ThinkPad T42p, Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit, gnuradio-3.4.0. The audio sound
card works best using the audio sink at 32KHz.

02. Apple iMac 27" 11,1 hardware version, Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit installed
natively on a separate 400GB partition, dual-booting with OS X &
gnuradio-3.4.0. The audio sound card works best using the audio sink at 48KHz.
The decimation values have be adjusted accordingly, to prevent choppy audio.
This was a problem that was eluding me for so long, and just figured the
difference out only yesterday. Now at least I have raw access to the iMac's
quad-core processor without using virtualization and vmware fusion.

03. Apple iMac 27", Mac OS X 10.6.7, gnuradio-3.3.x built manually (without mac
ports) fails make check at gr_fir_ccf: using SSE, but audio dial-tone example
works fine.

04. Apple iMac 27", Mac OS X 10.6.7, gnuradio-3.4.x built manually (without mac
ports), fails make check with the socket error, but audio dial-tone example
does NOT work.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson