Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDCC 2.9 versus 3.0

From: Steve Mcmahon
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDCC 2.9 versus 3.0
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:42:01 -0700 (PDT)

What is SDCC used for? I just want to sure that I understand this correctly. I
think it's used to compile the firmware that runs on the Xilinx MicroBlaze CPU
on the FPGA inside the USRP, USRP2, and USRP N200/N210. (all USRPs have FPGAs
inside with Xilinx MicroBlaze CPUs on them) Normally, you don't need to do
this. Users download the latest binary firmware image from the Ettus website
and burn it to the SD memory card (USRP2) or flash memory (USRP N200/N210) and
run it. You'd only really need SDCC if you want to modify the firmware and run
a customized version of it.

Could you please correct me where I'm wrong/inaccurate?

Thanks.