Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementation of dynamic spectrum access

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementation of dynamic spectrum access
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 13:21:49 -0400

Hello Adib,

CROSS was the product of Tim Newman and myself, and was created a couple of years ago.  Development stopped some time ago, and the documentation is wildly out-of-date, but the code is still freely available: http://www.cornet.wireless.vt.edu/trac/wiki/Cross

CROSS does provide a _skeleton_ cognitive engine, and a framework to wrap it in, but it does not provide a working cognitive engine out-of-the-box.  The goal of the project was to develop something we could sit on top of any SDR platform - GNURadio, OSSIE, whatever, and establish a distributed waveform.

I've actually never looked at Tom's work, so I can't comment on the similarities.  It may be very similar.  My understanding, and Tom can correct me if I'm wrong, was that Tom's dissertation focused mostly on the CE component itself.  CROSS is algorithm and CE agnostic; it cares only about how the components talk to each other.

Glad to hear you found it useful enough to cite, and I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ben