Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementation of dynamic spectrum access

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementation of dynamic spectrum access
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 09:38:58 +0100

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:00 AM, adib_sairi <address@hidden> wrote:
Tom Rondeau wrote:

> Yang,
> I was talking about benchmark_rx.py, not the transmitter. There is a
> callback (sorry, not actually a thread) that sits and waits for a message
> from the demod chain called rx_callback. I'm suggesting that you use a
> similar technique to send a message about the frequency information, and
> then you could use the callback to set the frequency of the device.
>
> I'm also not talking about a simple drop-in replacement for any code that
> we
> have. We have a lot of examples that will all do various pieces of what
> you
> want, and you are going to have to synthesize them to make your DSA
> application.
>
> Tom

Tom, its very interesting to see and learn your work on DSA. could you
forward this paper to us in the forum? i think the paper is not uploaded
yet. plus, its also great if I can try the code that you have done. is it
open to be download, tested and learned?

we also have a work on parallel sensing and transmit which will eliminate
the sensing time limitation and trade-off. we will published this in a very
near time =) ..

Adib

-----
Mohd Adib Sarijari
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
www.fke.utm.my
www.utm.my

Adib,
No, I'm afraid I can't help you there. This was from when I was working on my Ph.D. years ago at Virginia Tech and I no longer have access to the code. Any papers I have can be found in IEEE Xplore or from the SDR Forum (now Wireless Innovation Forum). I was also mostly interested in the development of a cognitive engine that I applied to the DSA problem, not really DSA itself.

Tom