Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Failed to Install: build-gnuradio script not

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Failed to Install: build-gnuradio script not working properly for Ubuntu 9.04 (Fresh Install) + USRP1 + WBX?
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 14:32:54 +0200

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:39 PM, turbovectorz turbovectorz <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello ALL!

I setup a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.04 on a very old Toughbook 512MB RAM, Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz, 80GB HDD.  My hardware is an USRP1 with a WBX on slot A.
I downloaded and ran the build-gnuradio script with the proper security permissions (sudo access) on my /home/user directory.
I ran the build script but I eventually get the message"UHD Failed to Install" and the script exits.

Newbie questions?

Do I have to have the USRP1 connected to the unit?
Do I need to remove the libusb-0.1 from the Synaptic Package Manager?
Do I need to upgrade the OS to Ubuntu 9.,10?

Any help will be Greatly appreaciated!

Thanks,

TVZ

Instead of running the build-gnuradio script, can you follow the instructions (http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/UbuntuInstall) for 9.04 as well as the UHD (http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki) separately and make sure there are no problems doing that?

Thanks,
Tom