[Discuss-gnuradio] Noise floor falls ~5dB when TX is started

From: Ruben Undheim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Noise floor falls ~5dB when TX is started
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 01:06:32 +0200

I've discovered that after I turn on the USRP and start receiving there is some noise which because of some strange
reason disappear when I start the transmitting part of the board. For frequencies around 150MHz with the WBX-board
and USRP1, the noise floor is reduced by 5dB, and seriously improves reception. To make sure that I receive well, I
made myself a simple script like this:
#!/usr/bin/
from gnuradio import usrp
u= usrp.sink_c