Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Assertion "imu >= 0" failed on random times

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Assertion "imu >= 0" failed on random times
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 11:07:08 +0100

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Daniel Bartel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Tom,

thanks for your explanation and sorry for my late reply.

> What block are you using to call the interpolator? What values is the block working off? If it's the M&M clock recovery block, it's possible that the amplitude your input signal is too high, which is causing overly-large error values that are resulting in mu being driven negative.
You're right, it's the M&M clock recovery block, which calls the interpolator.

What do you mean with "that the amplitude your input signal is too high"?
Are there any restricts concerning amplitudes inside the flowgraph?

Kind regards,
Daniel

This is one of those "theoretically..." answers. Theoretically, there should be no restrictions on the amplitude of the signal. In practice, however, you'll want the signal to go into the block at +/- 1. From my experiments with it, you don't have to be very close to that, and there's no hard limit on what is acceptable. But if you are putting in signals that are in the thousands, you'll probably run into trouble.

Tom