Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross band relais / bridge - DMR?

From: Vijay Pillai
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross band relais / bridge - DMR?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:36:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nick,

High end fractional N PLL's generally have a settling time of 100us or less if it is shifting to another frequency in the same band (say within 100MHz) assuming a high enough loop bandwidth. If it is starting up for the first time, then a few ms of settling time is ok.

I am just wondering what other factors/latencies that cause a settling time of several ms all the time?

Best regards,
-Vijay