[Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T samples wanted

From: Jeremy Quirke
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T samples wanted
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:39:27 +1000

Good evening,

I know some of the literature out there indicates otherwise, but I know for a fact now that the USRP1+TVRX has no issue demodulating DAB+, I’ve successfully demodulated (in Matlab) some ~200MHz Australian DAB+ multiplexes (i.e. to the point of getting the AAC audio) with a very low error rate i based on USRP input @ 64Mhz/32, and my frequency sync wasn’t the fanciest either. Code available to anyone interested.

The reason I’m actually posting however is I’ve turned my attention now to DVB-T. Having proved it can do DAB+ fairly well, I thought I’d try my luck with the TVRX again (yes, I know DQPSK is one thing and 64-QAM is another, but I like to be optimistic..)

So far the initial results were promising. I have sampled a local DVB-T multiplex (FEC = 2/3, 7MHz, 64-QAM, 1/16) at 8 MHz and decoded the TPS error free. However, I’ve run into strange problems which I will discuss in a separate posting.

In the meantime, I’d like to rule out the TVRX hardware.

Is there anyone out there with a _non_-TVRX(1) setup who can do me a huge favour and provide me high quality capture(s) of a DVB-T signal? Are there any other Australian/NZ users out there (due to Aus use of 7MHz DVB-T) – for the record, I have been sampling the GTV-9 and ATV-10 multiplexes at 191.5 and 219.5MHz respectively.

Ideally – use of high quality (roof mounted?) antenna, 7MHz DVB-T, decimation = 8 (from 64MHz), p a minimum of 2million samples (0.25seconds or more)…

I would be more than happy to share my results. As far as I know, there is no public DVB-T receiver for the USRP (correct me if I’m wrong).

Kind regards,

Jeremy