Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "ImportError: No module named myblock" when gener

From: yyl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "ImportError: No module named myblock" when generating py file in GRC
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:15:19 +0800

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:47:57 -0700
Nick Foster <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 08:37 +0800, Yulong Yang wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have tried both python -c "import..." and echo $. I see the path
> > to my folder in both of them. But it still says ImportError in
> > top_block.py. Where exactly should the path direct to? I tried both
> > "~/gnuradio" and "~/gnuradio/myblock".
> >
> > When you say __init__.py do you mean the one in sub-folder
> > "python"? I find this comment in that file: # The presence of this
> > file turns this directory into a Python package.
> >
> > I am wondering where I could see the declare of my module.
>
> How did you create your project? Did you use
> "create-gnuradio-out-of-tree-project myblock"? If you did, you should
> be able to:
>
> cd myblock
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure
> make
> sudo make install
>
> and then
> python -c "import myblock"
>
> Otherwise, you're going to have to go into the howto-write-a-block
> directory which you cloned, and edit the SWIG stuff to change all the
> "howto" references to "myblock", and that is going to be a pain. Try
> re-creating your project using create-gnuradio-out-of-tree-project,
> it's the recommended way to start your own block project.
>
> --n

Actually my block folder is copied from a wiki tutorial here:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/More_examples

I tried create-out-of-tree command, it seems to download the newest
how-to block from the gnuradio site and make it into the path I create
it, right? In the folder, it looks the same with the default folder
"gr-howto-write-a-block". Do you mean I should add my own block besides
the already exist files like howto_square_ff.cc?