Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Agile Solutions is Pleased to announce USRP STAR.

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Agile Solutions is Pleased to announce USRP STAR. Yet another addition to GNURADIO
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:07:15 -0400

On 04/18/2011 02:09 AM, Matt Ettus wrote:
On 04/16/2011 11:15 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Hi Marcus,

Welcome to Agile Solutions.

Yes, it uses both common clock and common LO.  Theres no phase tracking
required due to common LO with cycle slip. This is main requirement for
MIMO systems for Space Time(STBC) and Space Frequency(SFBC) Codes.

Although, diversity only systems needs only common clock. Either TX or
RX. There were fundamental issues when we used USRP1 to detect this
problem. We had extensive analysis and solid theoretical analysis to
prove this. Although this analysis and material is not property of Agile
Solutions, we would not like to comment more on this.

If you cannot comment on this, could you point us at a publication that describes the analysis so we can all understand the fundamental issue you refer to?

Philip