[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-noaa HRPT Receiver

From: Jordan Otomo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-noaa HRPT Receiver
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 18:47:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience using the 'file_rx_hrpt' program in the gr-noaa
package?  I've been unsuccessful using it with raw HRPT data files that I
downloaded from NOAA's website (www.class.ngdc.noaa.gov).  The receiver does
not seem to identify any frames.

I would eventually like to process data received by a USRP from the satellites,
but was hoping to first familiarize myself with the general HRPT receiver flow
by using raw data files.  If someone could point me towards an HRPT data file
that is verified to work with the receiver or advise me on how to get the
receiver working with the NOAA files, I'd greatly appreciated it.

Thanks,
Jordan