Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:12:26 -0700

On 04/14/2011 03:08 PM, Mark Colin wrote:
> Hi Don W,
>
>   thank you very much, I uninstalled the old one and installed the new one
> version 1.0, but unfortunatelly it doesn't change anything. I can see in
> DeviceManager the libusb (WinUSB) devices -> Ettus Research LLC USRP1
> (VID=FFFE;
> PID=0002; REV=0004). If I run uhd_find_devices.exe the result is the same as
> before, no error, from ...\UHD\bin>uhd_find_devices.exe comes back to
> ...\UHD\bin>, so it's a situation of everything is installed but nothing
> works.
> Anyway thank you very much for the information.

Just to verify things, I decided to try this out on an old XP laptop. I
installed uhd and set my UHD_IMAGE_PATH, updated the driver to the
WinUSB. The probe and find devices worked just fine.

I recommend you try a different computer, a different usb cable, or a
different os. Just to eliminate the variables. You only need to install
uhd to test this.

On the gnuradio front. I updated my instructions a bit. I found that the
qt dlls also needed to be in the path. I will try to include these in
the gnuradio installer next time around. Also, I had to install to
program files (x86) because thats how all the paths got hardcoded. I'm
not sure how to transplant a gnuradio install that was built for a
different prefix. We should probably make this simpler.

-Josh