Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build error: test_gruel.o: undefined reference to

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build error: test_gruel.o: undefined reference to symbol 'boost::system::get_system_category()'
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:07:19 -0400

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 08:18, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all, does anyone else get this error message when compiling
> GnuRadio? This is with latest code from today's master git tree, on
> Ubuntu 11.04, boost 1.42
>
> I can bypass this by manually adding -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem

This looks like another instance of the new Debian DSO linking policy
show us where we've been making assumptions in our linker commands.
Your fix is correct; we'll need to figure out how to put it in the
appropriate Makefile.am.

Here we've been sticking to the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS release for most of
our development and testing.  Looks like we need to add 10.10 and
11.04 VMs to the build farm so we can start catching this earlier.

Johnathan

Just a data point: one of my machines runs 10.10 without this problem (unless it's a brand new update). I think this has been introduced in 11.04.

Tom