[Discuss-gnuradio] relation between the amplitude and the voltage of the

From: Yan Nie
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] relation between the amplitude and the voltage of the signal
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:01:11 -0500

Dear all,

I'm wondering how to correspond the amplitude set in software to the voltage of
the signal. I did some test, which demonstrate that setting the amplitude to
32767 and the GPA gain to 20dB could reach full scale 2V p-p. I'm confused
about the amplitude setting in software, if 32767(which is 2^15-1) reaches the
full scale, which means the amplitude is 16-bit data, but the ADCs are only
14-bit. How could the amplitude setting correspond to the voltage of the
signal? What about the receiver side?

A simple question: if using usrp_source_c to receive complex signal by LFRX,
does both of RX_B and RX_A ports should connect to antenna? This is for double
checking if my system setting is correctly. Really appreciate any of your help!

Wish you a great weekend!

Yan