[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with 3.3.0 howto-write-a-block

From: honglonglong
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with 3.3.0 howto-write-a-block
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:21:11 +0800

Hi all,
I am new to gnuradio and studying the "How to write a block" article
written by Eric Blossom in 2004. However, I am using the latest version
3.3.0 of the source code of howto-write-a-block and find differences in
codes and article.

When the article says the qa_howto.py would fail for no module named
howto, my version of qa_howto.py runs correctly.

I find instead of importing howto module, the 3.3.0 version imports
howto_swig. Is this the cause of the problem? Is the article still valid
for 3.3.0 version?

I will really appreciate any help. Thank you.