RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to decode the convolutional code, in the GRC

From: intermilan
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to decode the convolutional code, in the GRC
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:33:22 +0800

Achilleas:
     Do you mean I should put the chunks_to_symbols block between the packet_decoder and Viterbi_combined block? and when I do it , I can get the original data from the viterbi block(I still not add the noise).In my opinion,the function of the chunks_to_symbols block is just to identity the hamming distance. But in the example about TCM (/gnuradio-3.3.0/gr-trellis/src/example),the function of the same block is not just to identity the hamming distance but also some kind of modulator.Am I right about it?

inter