[Discuss-gnuradio] Correctly installing UHD in Fedora 14 64-bit

From: Nick Othieno
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Correctly installing UHD in Fedora 14 64-bit
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:02:51 -0500

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get gnuradio working correctly with the UHD driver on 64-bit Fedora 14. I have installed UHD (correctly I assume) in my 64-bit Fedora 14 box, but configure cannot detect it for some reason.

I made sure that the path to libuhd.so was included in ldconfig path.  In fedora 14 I did:
    updatedb &
    locate libuhd.so
    then put the path from the locate command in:
    vim /etc/ld.so.conf.d/uhd.conf

After that I ran ldconfig and tried the usual ./configure in gnuradio, but it says gr-uhd will not be built and when I check further, I find:

checking for UHD... no
gr-uhd requires libuhd 2.x.x
Not building component gr-uhd.

For some reason UHD cannot be detected.