Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FUNCube dongle

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FUNCube dongle
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 12:38:10 +0200

Oh yeah! That will be the way to do it

Thanks,
Patrik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexandru Csete" <address@hidden>
To: "Patrik Tast" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; "Jerry Martes" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:13

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Patrik Tast <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Alexandu,

Oh yes, by plugging it into an audio source it will work as is with GR.

We wonder how to rip the I and Q's and pass them further to GR for
(de)modulation
We need to study the dongle and its ICs more

Not necessary, because we know that one channel contains the I samples
and the other channel contains the Q samples. In GNU Radio it can be
converted to a complex stream using gr_float_to_complex() see attached
screenshot. The complex stream can then be used the same was as you
would use a stream from USRP, except the the sample rate is 96 kHz.

Alex