[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 waveform

From: Daniel Dekst
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 waveform
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 00:31:51 +0800 (CST)

Hi, All,

I'm using USRP1 with XCVR2450 daughterboard.
I transmit packets with OFDM modulation as in benchmark_ofdm_tx.py.
Using usrp_fft.py I detect the wave form as
http://www.cse.msu.edu/~huangpe3/music/usrp_fft.png

The two edges are attenuated a lot and there is a spike in the middle (DC offset?)
What are the reasons for them and can I address them by updating firmware or something else to get better waveforms as those obtained from USRP2?

Changing the inerpolation rate changes the (frequency) bandwidth.
I know that higher data rate results in wider bandwidth.
But here the output rate is fixed by DAC 128 MS/s. Why the bandwidth is changing in accordance with the interpolation rate?

Thanks a lot for helping me out!

Regards,
Pei

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel