[Discuss-gnuradio] Solid Orange light on Gigabit Ethernet Port of USRP N

From: Khalid Jamil
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Solid Orange light on Gigabit Ethernet Port of USRP N210
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:25:40 +0300

Hi,

I installed UHD driver and burned the latest images of FW/FPGA. USRP N210 was pinging and uhd_find_devices was returning positive finds. I was having problem to access it from inside GRC. It is when I tried burning another older set of FW/FPGA images and ran into problems since then.

Now, I have problem communicating with my USRP N210. The orange light on usrp ethernet port is permanently ON and green light OFF. No blinking.

The main board is not responding to any network access like ping or other "find" utilities.

B and F LEDs are on when booted.

I tried booting the system into safe mode by pressing S2 switch during power cycle but no avail. I don't know how one can tell that the device has been booted into safe mode successfully. How long one has to hold the S2 switch?

Is it the Ethernet port on USRP that's failing?

Any ideas what is going wrong here?

Thanks,

Khalid.