Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple USRP1 and UHD

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple USRP1 and UHD
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 00:59:25 -0800

> But, how do I set the mux and mode values if I replace these with

The mux value calculation is not exposed. Rather, you specify channel
mappings:
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp1.html#specifying-the-subdevice-to-use

> instances of uhd.single_usrp_source? And is the multi_2rxhb_2tx.rbf
> image likely to work still with UHD? I'm pretty new to this so any
> pointers, or suggestions for a better approach, appreciated...

The following images ship with uhd for USRP1:
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp1.html#specify-a-non-standard-image

I am unaware of a "multi_2rxhb_2tx.rbf"

> I'm also having problems with the UHD multi_usrp_source, trying to use
> this in GRC for some initial experiments with the boards unsynced. With
> Num Mboards = 2, device addresses of either "serial=XXXXXXXX,
> serial=YYYYYYYY" or "name=usrp_master, name=usrp_slave" (either way
> round) and the same subdev spec "A:0 B:0" for both, I can find the first
> board but not the second. Maybe I've just got the syntax wrong or is
> there another problem?

Ganging together multiple USRP1s into a "multi usrp" is not supported.
This is supported on USRP2/N-Series because of the time alignment
capabilities. But it wouldnt make sense to implement for the USRP1
because its just as useful as multiple "single usrps".

-josh