Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP E100 login: Ethernet and USB?

From: Miok Wah
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP E100 login: Ethernet and USB?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:52:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply!

Right. The dmesg outputs nothing.  I'm running Ubuntu 10.04.  There is no
such directory /dev/ttyUSB0.

To log in via Ethernet, what is the default IP for the E100?

Thanks!

Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP E100 login: Ethernet and USB?
> However, the USRP E100 is not detected according to dmesg.  And our PC
> host
> does not establish a /dev/ttyUSB0.

Really? It doesn't see anything at all? What host OS are you running,
and are you running daemons like hal and/or udev?

> BTW, is it possible to log in via the Ethernet?

Yes, you should be able to SSH into the E100 as root over Ethernet.
Just make sure you give the E100 time to boot up before trying.

Cheers,
Ben