Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using UHD, trying to tx and rx samples simultaneo

From: Isaac Gerg
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using UHD, trying to tx and rx samples simultaneously
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:35:51 -0500

Josh,
If Im always just sending a burst message when I tx, is it safe to say that I should always have the EOB flag set?  My messages may be as large as a few thousand bytes, but I dont plan to do any continuous streaming.  Currently, the Tx thread has a queue that it just works off where each item in the queue is a message that could be as large as a few thousand samples.  The thread wakes up  every so many ms and then says Hey! theres messages to send and then one-by-one sends each message as a burst.

Isaac

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 01/26/2011 06:59 PM, Isaac Gerg wrote:
> I will check on this tomorrow.  Thanks for the information!
>
> BTW Where can i find documentation for the stuff you mentioned?

Well, you really should be setting end_of_burst when you "end a burst".
Though I guess we have not confirmed that that was the issue. If you are
setting EOB, then perhaps there is an bug with the implementation of
said feature.

So the closest thing to docs would be the doxygen for metadata, and
perhaps the transmit examples:
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/structuhd_1_1tx__metadata__t.html#a00543aaaeb5a5d67b212778d6b5f1b53

I suppose I should add some relevant documentation to the emulated
features:
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp1.html#missing-and-emulated-features

_josh