Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Conference

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Conference
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:35:57 -0500

A GNU Radio conference is an awesome idea, in my opinion, and I think
the September time-frame is a good one.

I like points 1-5 a lot, and I'll second your idea of some sort of
hacking session. I've heard of companies/communities holding
'hack-a-thons', where a large group of developers marathons for 6-8
hours to close as many tickets as possible / add new features / etc.
If there are sponsors of any type, you could hold occasional drawings,
provide caffeine, food, etc., to keep the devs going.

If we are going to have that many developers in one place, it might be
a fun way to make a lot of progress on GNU Radio very quickly.  Just a
thought =)

Cheers,
Ben