Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building an RF Front end for DSP FPGA Kits with A

From: sirjanselot
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building an RF Front end for DSP FPGA Kits with ADCs
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 13:59:14 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Marcus.

The reason why I do not want to attenuate is because I want to receive a
high-powered signal and low-powered signal at the same frequency.

If I attenuate then the low-powered signal will be reduced and if I go
beyond the noise floor, I might see it.  The goal was to stretch the
difference in power between the high-powered signal and the low-power.  But
now if I think about it no matter what I will be limited to my Dynamic
Range.