Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] volk: duplicate symbol _volk_cpu

From: update lee
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] volk: duplicate symbol _volk_cpu
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:04:26 -0700

> when I try to build volk from next branch of git, I got error during make
>
> libtool: link: gcc -dynamiclib -Wl,-undefined -Wl,dynamic_lookup -o
.libs/libvolk_runtime.0.dylib  .libs/volk_cpu_x86.o .libs/cpuid_x86_64.o
.libs/volk_runtime.o .libs/volk_init.o .libs/volk_rank_archs.o
-L/opt/local/lib
-O2   -install_name  /usr/local/lib/libvolk_runtime.0.dylib
-compatibility_version
1 -current_version 1.0 -Wl,-single_module
> ld: duplicate symbol _volk_cpu in .libs/volk_runtime.o and
> .libs/volk_cpu_x86.o
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [libvolk_runtime.la] Error 1
>
> BTW, I did it on OSX 10.6.5

Im no expert by any means but this is usually caused when something is
defined twice in two different .c files. So looking into it it appears
that way, so I added the static keyword so that each file can use the
definition but they wont interfear with each other.

proper #ifdef should prob be used but this was quick and dirty and got
me compiled and up and running on OSX

Chris Lee
VE6UDL