Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 & DBSRX2

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 & DBSRX2
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:16:23 -0500

On 01/10/2011 11:43 AM, Nick Othieno wrote:
Wow. Slow down there. I am a newbie.

I downloaded and compiled the gnuradio code sometime in late December 2010. However from your response, I am guessing I should first download (checkout), compile and install UHD, then finally compile and install gnuradio. (Just thinking aloud here but a confirmation would not hurt :-)).

Meantime, are there any python examples that demonstrate how a USRP2 and DBSRX2 setup should work? Included in this setup is a log periodic antenna (LP0926) that covers the 900MHz to 2.6GHz range

Once you have followed the directions for building and installing UHD, and the Gnu Radio branch that supports UHD, then I'd recommend spending some quality time with Gnuradio Companion (gnuradio-companion) to put together simple Rx flow-graphs.

With GnuRadio Companion, you don't necessarily *need* conventional "examples". It's a GUI-based "flow-graph builder".

For the most part, applications (at least in the UHD universe) don't really need to "know" much about the daughtercard that is plugged into the hardware. In this case, you'd create a UHD source, at an appropriate input bandwidth, set the desired frequency, and then "do stuff" with the result--like plotting on a graphical FFT sink, etc, etc.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator