[Discuss-gnuradio] USB controller. How to solve ehci problem?

From: Fran_
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB controller. How to solve ehci problem?
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 04:30:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi, this is my first message so hi everyone.

Well, at last i have my USRP (i got it yesterday), it works (a Flashing
green led is working, ok). But, looks like i can't "open" the usrp. Ok,
after search by internet it seems like it is an USB controller error (by
the way, seems to be the TYPICAL error). I'm quite sure about that
because it works fine in other computer. (But in fact i need it to work
in the other one, the one with the error).

So, lsusb says:
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 03f0:7604 Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 3940 (My
printer, maybe is not the best but it's mine and i like it :P XD)
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub <= So i
HAVE the hardware needed haven't i?

lsmod says there is no "ehci" so, yes THIS is the problem, i have the
the hardware but i have no controller for that, isn't it?

After looking by internet i have read that there is a typical problem
with USB 2.0 and Ubuntu 64bits (which is the OS that i'm using). Anyway
i can't find any solution, how i install the controller?

(USB 2.0 is actived in the BIOS).

Thanks a lot for your time.