Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hi all, can I use one RX receive a wideband signa

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hi all, can I use one RX receive a wideband signal and then seperate it to many narrowband signals
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:16:01 -0500

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:53 AM, James Jordan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks Tom.
> if I really don't know how pfb_channelizer_ccf and pfb_decimator_ccf do, but
> they seem
> use the same principle. And how to set the taps?

Yes, they are based on the same principle, but the decimator just
extracts the 1 channel while the channelizer produces all channels.

To create the taps, you want to build a prototype filter that will
have the bandwidth of the channelized signals at the input sampling
rate. So if the input to the channelizer is fs and the bandwidth of
each channel is B, you can build the taps with:
taps = gr.firdes.low_pass_2(1, fs, B/2, B/10, 80)

The "B/10" is the transition width, which you can make as tight as you
need to, this is just a random guess right now. The 80 is the stopband
attenuation. This should make a rather long filter, then each channel
uses a filter that is len(taps)/N.

In the examples directory, you can see how this is done in
pfb/cahnnelize.py and pfb/decimate.py.

Tom