Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX image rejection

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX image rejection
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 23:56:40 -0500

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:48 PM, USRP9 <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have few questions about WBX daughter card:
>
> 1. Is it possible to receive signal from both TX/RX or RX 2 ports
> simultaneously?
>
> 2. How WBX mixer reject image? Is it complex mixer? If true, the mixer will
> have two inputs and the inputs will be feed I assume an RF signal from
> either TX/RX or RX2 port will be fed with a same RF signal from either TX/RX
> or RX2 port. Is my thought correct?
>
> 3. Please let me know the frequency range of the WBX board local oscillator.
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers

While I don't own a WBX or even have any experience with USRPs in
general, I am still aware and grateful that Matt publishes the
schematics for his circuits.  For the WBX, check here:

    http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/documents/17

It's only 5 pages long and pretty well documented with part numbers
and even a power budget.

If you need other documents, try here:

    http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/public/documents

And if you need to know where I found those links, it was from here:

    http://www.ettus.com/faq#pcb

This is probably not the answer you want to hear, but it's the one
that pushes you to look at the parts, understand the circuit and
experiment more.  It also makes you rely less on the mailing list and,
hopefully, more on yourself.

Good luck.

Brian