Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Details on Ettus E100?

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Details on Ettus E100?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:56:31 -0500

On 12/14/2010 01:47 PM, Douglas Geiger wrote:
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Matt Ettus<address@hidden>  wrote:

We have based our distro on Angstron and OpenEmbedded.  The vast majority of
packages come from the standard repositories, and we have our UHD and kernel
driver work added to that.

Ok, thanks.

There is no aeMB so there is no firmware in the sense that we have on the
USRP2.  The OMAP fulfills that role because it has direct low-latency bus
access to the FPGA.  The FPGA can directly interrupt the CPU as well.

Interesting - those interrupts are through the GPMC bus? I assume then
the kernel module collects the interrupts, and passes the data to
userland (i.e. UHD).

Matt

One more question - about cabling this time. Does the UE100-KIT come
with any adapters to assist with plugging my standard sized USB
devices (keyboard/mouse, flash drive, etc.) into the various USB ports
on the front panel? If not, can you describe which port is which type
- the serial console port looks like a mini-B, and the USB OTG and
Host ports look like they might be micro-B's, but I'm not familiar
enough with the mini/micro USB ports to tell just from the picture on
your data sheet.

For the USB host function I use a cable I bought from Digikey, WM17494, which is a mini-B to mini-A cable. For the console connection the cable is a standard A to mini-B.

Philip