Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RuntimeError: bad lexical cast: source type value

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RuntimeError: bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 13:41:42 -0800

> thanks for the help. I think my configuration is correct, but I am using the
> mimo cable.

OK, I polished the multi-device addressing scheme. Previously you gave
it a list of IP addresses. Well there wasnt any sanity checking
implemented and it was missing all of the device identification
granularity that is possible with UHD. The old way will still work and
print a deprecation warning; it will provide the sanity checking as well.

http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp2.html#addressing-the-device

This way, UHD will more appropriately yell at you if something is wrong
and we can resolve this problem. Just git pull and rebuild to get it.

> And as I just read, MIMO cable doesn't work with UHD at the moment.
> I read some mails in the list form the 18th of november, in which you wrote,
> that you're realizing the routing of the FPGA at the moment.
> So I guess I have to wait for the release of the new FPGA images for UHD, do
> I?
> Or did you already release the new UHD image?

It only works in my private development branch. Once I get the time
syncing working, I will push an experimental branch public and upload
images so people can try it out.

-josh