Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Expected behavior during underruns

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Expected behavior during underruns
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 13:32:02 -0800

On 12/09/2010 02:11 AM, Patrik Eliardsson wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> What is the expected behavior when we get underruns with the UHD and the flow
> control using the USRP2?

The host will get an async packet marked underflow and print a U. You
can get the timestamp of this packet through the recv_async_msg interface.

The USRP2 will continue to send subsequent packets ASAP until the burst
has ended. It is possible to configure the device to discard all packets
until a new burst begins.

When underflowing, there are no random samples, the TX state machine
goes into an IDLE mode. The effect of this depends on the daughterboard.
But its basically turning the transmitter off.

-JOsh