Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bandpower measurment USRP2

From: Vladutzzz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bandpower measurment USRP2
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:53:19 -0800 (PST)

Marcus,
First of all thank you for your reply!
I have some questions about your very much appreciated explanations:
After using the complex-to-mag-squared block, should I consider the
coefficients as being in W or mW (should I use 10*log10 or 30 + 10*log10 to
get the power value in dBm)?
What is the function of the single-pole-iir_filter? What does it actualy do?
I'm asking this so I will know how to calculate its parameters. Does it give
the frequency bin based signal band, a more rounded appearance?
Again thank you for your help!
I hope other people will also find this useful.

Vlad.