[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2::usrp2::rx_samples doesn't recover from hang

From: Gaetano Mendola
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2::usrp2::rx_samples doesn't recover from hang
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 15:11:37 +0100

Hi all,
I'm doing some recovery tests in case the USRP is disconnected while
my software is using it.

What I'm observing is the fact that using an instance of usrp2::usrp2 with
decimation = 8 the calls to usrp2::usrp2::rx_samples hangs for ever even
if I correctly reconnect the device.

If I do the same disconnect/reconnect test but with decimation = 50 the
usrp2::usrp2::rx_samples hangs only while the device is disconnected.

What is puzzling me is the fact that in case of decimation = 8 I'm not
getting any error at all, so the only way I have is destroy the usrp2::usrp2
instance (in case the rx_samples call is taking too long) and rebuild it.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

--
cpp-today.blogspot.com