[Discuss-gnuradio] any recommended PCIe Ethernet NICs?

From: Steve Mcmahon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] any recommended PCIe Ethernet NICs?
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 01:03:27 -0800 (PST)

Hello:

What Ethernet cards do people use/recommend for use with the USRP2? I'm using
an Intel PRO/1000 GT 1Gbps PCI NIC, and it seems to work fine and has always
been reliable. Is anyone else using this NIC?

I'm not sure if my NIC is the best choice, or if I would benefit from using a
PCI Express-based NIC.

The GNU Radio website recommends using a PCIe NIC, instead of a common and
inexpensive PCI NIC. Is anyone using a PCIe NIC? Which make and model?

Here's my Intel PRO/1000 GT 1Gbps PCI NIC:
http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/adapters/pro1000gt/pro1000gt-overview.htm

Here's the GNU Radio NIC Recommendation (see "What Gigabit Ethernet Interface
do you suggest?"):
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/1/USRP2UserFAQ

I did look at http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/USRP2GigEReports but
the list is not complete and seems a little old, and so I want to survey the
GNU Radio community.

I would love to hear what people are using, and what people find to be
reliable. Thanks for your feedback, everyone!!

Steve McMahon