Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] segmentation fault (core dump) -- help needed

From: Steven Clark
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] segmentation fault (core dump) -- help needed
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:13:20 -0500

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Thomas H Kim <address@hidden> wrote:
Steven,

Thank you very much for your email.
I installed Fedora Core13  x86_64, instead of i386, which I installed on last Friday and it works now. But, I don't understand because i386 should work on 64bit machine (that was what I've thought so far... what do you think?)
I guess the problem could be
1) Using FC14 (I don't know think so, but it is possible?)
2) Using x86_64 instead of i386
3) Operator error on gnu radio installation procedure (likely...since I am not really Linux guy)

Thank you for your help!

Thomas

Hi Thomas-

(Don't forget to send replies to the mailing list, so we all get the benefit of the troubleshooting process)

Just so I understand the sequence of events: under FC14 i386, with gnuradio installed via yum, you got the segmentation faults. Then, you installed FC13 x86_64 on the same machine, without changing the gnuradio installation, and the segfaults were gone? Or did you also reinstall gnuradio?

Either way, glad it is working now!

-Steven