[Discuss-gnuradio] precise transmit scheduling

From: Yan Nie
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] precise transmit scheduling
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 17:33:52 -0400

Dear all,

I am developing a transmitter on USRP1 with LFTX daughterboard. This transmitter sends a BPSK modulated Barker code sequence up-converting to a frequency ranging from 1MHz to 20MHz. I implemented the transmission of the whole sequence in one fixed frequency in the requried range on one USRP1 board and receiving on the other USRP1 board.

My question is :

How can I scheduling the transmitter by sending several bits of the sequence a time and the delays between each time transmitting are 1ms?

How can the RF frequency be linearly hopping from 1MHz to 20MHz by secheduling?

I've seen that m-blocks appears partially motivated by precise scheduling of transmission. Is the m-block implements is suitable for this scheduling?  If so, could anyone give me any suggestion on how can it implement the scheduling for my project? Tons of thanks in advance! I really need your help with this scheduling.

Sincerely,
Yan