[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2+WBX RX gain problems

From: Vladutzzz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2+WBX RX gain problems
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:27:48 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all!
Myself and my colaborators have 2 USRP2+WBX boards. We use them in the
500-700 MHz band.
The boards worked just fine  until today, when we have used a stronger input
signal generated by an Agilent signal generator connected directly via
cable. The generated signal, a 2 MHz - large wideband signal had a maximum
power of -16 dBm which was never exceeded. Most probably after using this
signal, the board started to have problems, the sensibility being now much
lower. We are forced now to raise the gain of the board to the maximum
factor allowed (31.5) in order to see some valid signal at the input.
The SNR ratio seems to be the same, but the signals which we previously
detected with an external antenna around -40 dBm have now a level around -80
dBm. We never tried to use the board as a transmitter so we don't know if
the problem is also on the TX branch.
We would really appreciate any time of hint or tip regarding this problem.
Also is there a general hardware reset, except the power off?
Thank you very much!

Vlad.