[Discuss-gnuradio] UHD readiness level?

From: Steven Clark
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD readiness level?
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:38:34 -0400

Hi all-

Any estimate as to the readiness level of the UHD driver? (if open-source has such a concept...)
Back in April they were called "pre-alpha". How are things progressing? Do you recommend use of it yet to people whose day-job would (lamentably) prefer they be productive? :)

As a checklist, could I use the UHD to:

-receive on a WBX card
-transmit on a WBX card
-alternate transmitting and receiving on a WBX card
-simultaneously receive with 2 WBXs in 1 USRP
-simultaneously receive with 1  WBX & 1 BasicRX on 1 USRP (even though one is quadrature and the other not)
-simultaneously receive with 4 WBXs in 2 USRPs
-transmit on a WBX while issuing tune commands to the card every 50ms to perform freq hopping (could I expect more precise timing control over the hops than I had in python-land?)

Thanks, and keep up the good work!