Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build error

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build error
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 11:54:44 -0400

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos
<address@hidden> wrote:
> yes, i can run all the tests in the different example directories.
>
> However i cannot find/run  grc
>
> Achilleas

"grc" was changed a bit back to "gnuradio-companion" because of a
naming conflict. Is that available?

Tom

> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I am trying a new build from the source tree on fedora 12.
>>> Configure gives the result shown at the end of the email.
>>> Make and make check complete fine, but sudo make install
>>> completes with the message:
>>> *** Post-Install Message ***
>>> Warning: python could not find the gnuradio module.
>>> Make sure that /usr/local/lib64/python2.6/site-packages is in your
>>> PYTHONPATH
>>>
>>> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/anastas/gnuradio_trunk'
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/anastas/gnuradio_trunk'
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/anastas/gnuradio_trunk
>>>
>>> I know the PYTHONPATH is set appropriately, since I can import gnuradio
>>> from within python...
>>
>> If you can import gnuradio, can you also run GNU Radio applications?
>> This might be a misunderstanding during the install but not an actual
>> problem.
>>
>> Tom
>>

>>> Also grc is not installed in /usr/local/bin
>>>
>>> Any ideas,
>>> Achilleas
>>>

>>> '*********************************************************************
>>> The following components were skipped either because you asked not
>>> to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:
>>>
>>> usrp2-firmware
>>>
>>> These components will not be built.
>>>

>>> *********************************************************************
>>> The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:
>>>
>>> config
>>> gruel
>>> gnuradio-core
>>> usrp
>>> usrp2
>>> gr-usrp
>>> gr-usrp2
>>> gr-msdd6000
>>> gr-audio-alsa
>>> gr-audio-oss
>>> gr-atsc
>>> gr-cvsd-vocoder
>>> gr-gpio
>>> gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
>>> gr-noaa
>>> gr-pager
>>> gr-radar-mono
>>> gr-radio-astronomy
>>> gr-trellis
>>> gr-video-sdl
>>> gr-wxgui
>>> gr-qtgui
>>> gr-sounder
>>> gr-utils
>>> gnuradio-examples
>>> grc
>>> docs
>>>
>>> You my now run the make command to build these components.

>>> The following components were skipped either because you asked not
>>> to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:
>>>
>>> gcell
>>> gr-gcell
>>> gr-audio-jack
>>> gr-audio-osx