[Discuss-gnuradio] How to use UHD with gr_block?

From: Yong J. Chang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use UHD with gr_block?
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I've used USRP1 and GR 3.1.3 since 2007. Now I try to move to USRP2 and GR
3.3 version.
The most important reason is that I hope to have more bandwidth and to
access timestamp information of sampled data.

The thing is that GR and USRP2 architecture looks evolved so much since two
years ago.
I've written my own codes based on benchmark_rx.py and benchmark_tx.py
Python codes.
I'm sure that this is an initial gr_block and flowgraph architecture of GR.

Can I use this gr_block architecture with UHD?

What I've done so far are

1) having USRP2 and WBX d'board
2) update firmware and fpga codes for raw_Ethernet to support USRP2+WBX
3) run usrp2_fft.py to check USRP2 connection
4) checkout UHD codes from http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd
5) build UHD codes
6) update new firmware and fpga codes for UHD
7) run a simple example in /opt/uhd/build/example

Now, what I want to do is to build a simple example such as 'benchmark_rx'
and 'benchmark_tx' using UHD with gr_block. Would you please give me a hint
how to build this system? If you have any so simple example, it would be
helpful for me.

Thanks,
Yong